Home Chef Meal Makeover Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Home Chef Meal Makeover Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) starts at 9:00 a.m. CT on September 28, 2018 and ends at 8:59:59 a.m. CT on October 5, 2018 (the “Giveaway Period”). The Giveaway will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor.
1) Eligibility: The Giveaway is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (the “Giveaway Area”) who are 18 or older or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the first day of the Giveaway Period. Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of Relish Labs LLC d/b/a Home Chef (“Sponsor”), and of any of its parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries, and of any advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with the Giveaway, are not eligible to participate. Immediate family members includes spouses, parents, siblings and children. Void where prohibited and outside the Giveaway Area.
2) How to Enter: There are two ways to enter. You may enter by submitting a photo or without submitting a photo. To enter with a photo, an entrant must submit a photo of a prepared Home Chef meal (a “Photo”). A Photo may be submitted via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. To submit a Photo via Facebook, the entrant must have a valid Facebook account, which is available for free at www.facebook.com, and post a Photo on Sponsor’s Facebook page, which is located at www.facebook.com/realhomechef. Limit one Photo per Facebook post. The Photo must include the hashtag #HomeChefMealMakeover. To submit a Photo via Instagram, the entrant must have a valid Instagram account, which is available for free at www.instagram.com. All Instagram entrants must also have a mobile handset, internet service for the handset, and Instagram’s mobile app, and must post the Photo to their Instagram page with the hashtag #HomeChefMealMakeover. Limit one Photo per Instagram post. Entrants’ Instagram accounts must have the privacy setting set to “public.” More information about posting photos to Instagram can be found at https://help.instagram.com/442418472487929. To submit a Photo via Twitter, the entrant must have a valid Twitter account, which is available for free at www.twitter.com, and post a Photo to their Twitter account with the hashtag #HomeChefMealMakeover. Entrants’ Twitter accounts must be set to “public.” To enter without the submission of a Photo, visit thetable.homechef.com/meal-makeover-giveaway/ and accurately complete the online entry form. Limit one entry per person regardless of method of entry. Entries that exceed the limit will be void. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, damaged, misdelivered or misdirected. Ordinary internet access, text message and similar charges apply. All received entries (but not the Photos) become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the email account associated with the entry (or, in the case of Instagram entries, the holder of the Instagram account in question) will be deemed the person who submitted the entry.
3) Submitted Photos: By submitting a Photo as part of an entry in this Giveaway, each entrant represents and warrants that: no laws were broken in the creation of the Photo; the Photo is the entrant’s own original creation; and the Photo does not violate the rights of any other person or company (including but not limited to privacy and copyrights), does not defame, libel or slander anyone or any entity, does not contain unsafe, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content, and in no other way violates any applicable laws. The Photo must not include any recognizable individual other than the entrant. The Photo must not disparage any person or Sponsor; promote bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; contain any nudity, sexually explicit, lewd, offensive, disparaging or other inappropriate content; and/or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to be associated.
Entries (including the associated Photos) that do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify those entries that contain offensive or inappropriate material, that are deemed by Sponsor to be unsuitable, or that Sponsor believes would subject it to a claim or litigation. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
By entering, entrants grant to Sponsor an irrevocable, world-wide, unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to publish their submitted Photos and derivative works based thereon in any medium now known or hereafter invented, in perpetuity without prior notice or approval or payment. This license includes but is not limited to the right to place the Photo adjacent to advertising and sponsor branding. Entrants otherwise will retain all rights to their Photos, and the publication of their Photos as part of this Giveaway will not limit their use and ability to further market their Photos
4) Winner & Notification: After the close of the Giveaway Period, Sponsor will select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Please note that the quality of the Photos will not play a role in the selection of winner. Sponsor will make all decisions regarding any and all issues related to the Giveaway, and its decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact the winner via Instagram. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release and provide identification, and, if so, such documents must be signed and returned within seven days of the date they are sent to winner. (TN residents need not sign publicity release.) A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, time permitting, if: (a) the winner does not respond to the initial notification attempt within fourteen (14) days; (b) Sponsor learns that the winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) Sponsor learns that the winner did not adhere to these Official Rules; and/or (d) the winner does not provide required identification or documents by the deadlines set by Sponsor.
5) Prize and Delivery: There is one prize. The prize is a Le Creuset Signature Dutch Oven. The approximate retail value of the prize is $140. The Prize will be sent directly to winner. Sponsor is not responsible for loss, delay or damage in delivery. Winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with the prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Prize may not be redeemed for cash. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value because of lack of availability. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. A properly claimed prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
6) Other Conditions: By entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless and waive any claims against Sponsor, and any other entity involved with the Giveaway as well as Instagram and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) resulting from submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Giveaway; the receipt, ownership or use of the prize; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity; or any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Giveaway. If there is any discrepancy between any term of these Official Rules and marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Giveaway, these Official Rules will govern.
By accepting the prize, winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use winner’s name, voice, photograph, likeness, any statement provided by winner, and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including for advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
7) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Giveaway. If Sponsor terminates or modifies the Giveaway, Sponsor will post notice on the Home Chef website and Sponsor will select the winner by random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination of the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Giveaway if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor finds that such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Sponsor assumes no liability for any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Giveaway.
8) In Case of Dispute: By entering the Giveaway, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Giveaway, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Giveaway but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. The Giveaway will be governed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the State of Illinois and the federal laws of the United States of America, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. The federal and state courts located in Cook County, Illinois will be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Official Rule or activity associated with the Giveaway. All entrants agree, by participation in the Giveaway, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Cook County, Illinois in connection with any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Giveaway, the interpretation of these Official Rules, or prize awarded.
9) Sponsor: Relish Labs LLC, d/b/a Home Chef, 400 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1400, Chicago, IL 60611. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Wayfair, and any prize manufacturers or distributors are not sponsors of and are not otherwise affiliated with the Giveaway.