The holidays season is a time when we embrace traditions whether they’ve been passed down by our grandparents or, let’s face it, have been found on Pinterest. Going to the local Christmas tree lot to pick out “the one” may make you question whether it really does exist. As for the city dwellers, most public transportation isn’t fir-friendly, let alone fur-friendly. Embracing traditions doesn’t have to be in the form of dusting off the Christmas decorations box from the attic, but rather, can be about forging new ones. Keep the pine for your air fresheners, and spring for a pineapple Christmas tree. A $3 Christmas tree is definitely a new tradition we can get behind. We’re giving you some fun and festive ways to decorate your Christmas pineapple and to take your traditions to the tropics.
1. Try copper wire lights, to make wrapping them around the pineapple easier. Top it with your favorite metallic ornaments.
2. Give it a sweet decoration with some mini candy canes.
3. Stick on a bow, to make it look like the perfect gift.
4. Decorate as many as you want, for a warm weather dream-inducing holiday.
5. Don’t forget the holiday piña colada.