“Meal Makeover” Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “Meal Makeover” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:00:01 p.m. CT on September 14, 2018 and ends at 12:00:01 p.m. CT on November 9, 2018 and includes Home Chef orders scheduled for delivery between September 24, 2018 and November 16, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s clock will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes.
1) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia who live within the Home Chef delivery area (the “Sweepstakes Area”) who are 18 or older or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of Relish Labs LLC d/b/a Home Chef (“Sponsor”), and of any of its parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries, and of any advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with the Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. Immediate family members includes spouses, parents, siblings and children. Void where prohibited and outside the Sweepstakes Area.
2) How to Enter: There are two ways to enter. Entry Method #1: To enter via this method, place a finalized order through your Home Chef account at least four (4) times during the Sweepstakes Period. Entry Method #2: To enter via this method, send a 3×5 postcard with your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to: Relish Labs LLC d/b/a Home Chef, 400 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1400, Chicago, IL 60611, Attn: Legal Dept. Mail-in entries must be postmarked between 9/14/18 and 11/9/18 and received by 11/23/18. Limit one entry per person regardless of method of entry. Entries that exceed the limit will be void. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, damaged, misdelivered or misdirected. Ordinary internet access, text message and similar charges apply. All received entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
3) Entries: Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
4) Winner & Notification: After the close of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Potential winners will be announced 12/1/18. Please note that entrant’s form of entry will not play a role in the selection of winner. Sponsor will make all decisions regarding any and all issues related to the Sweepstakes, and its decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact the winner via email. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release and provide identification, and, if so, such documents must be signed and returned within seven days of the date they are sent to winner. (TN residents need not sign publicity release.) A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, time permitting, if: (a) the winner does not respond to the initial notification attempt within 14 days; (b) Sponsor learns that the winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) Sponsor learns that the winner did not adhere to these Official Rules; and/or (d) the winner does not provide required identification or documents by the deadlines set by Sponsor.
5) Prize and Delivery:
- One Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will receive a collection of kitchenware and small kitchen appliances (estimated retail value $1,000) selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner will also receive a copy of The EveryGirl’s Guide to Cooking by Maria Menounos (estimated retail value $22.00) and a $1,000 Home Chef credit.
- One Second Prize. The Second Prize winner will receive a collection of kitchenware and small kitchen appliances (estimated retail value $1,000) selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Second Prize winner will also receive a copy of The EveryGirl’s Guide to Cooking by Maria Menounos (estimated retail value $22.00) and a $500 Home Chef credit.
- Ten Third Prizes. Each Third Prize winner will receive a copy of The EveryGirl’s Guide to Cooking by Maria Menounos (estimated retail value $22.00) and a $100 Home Chef credit.
Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be made after winner validation. If a winner is not already a subscriber to the Home Chef meal kit delivery service, winner will not be required to submit a credit card in connection with signing up for the service to redeem the credit. All details and other restrictions and conditions of the prizes not expressly specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The winners are responsible for all federal, state, local and other taxes, and all other costs and expenses, associated with the prizes. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent of any prize is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Properly claimed Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received, but in no event will more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules be awarded.
6) Other Conditions: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless and waive any claims against Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of its officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) resulting from submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of the prize; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity; or any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. If there is any discrepancy between any term of these Official Rules and marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, these Official Rules will govern.
7) Publicity: By accepting a prize, a prize winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor as well as its agents and licensees to use winner’s name, voice, photograph, likeness, any statement provided by winner, and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including for advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
8) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor terminates or modifies the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will post notice on the Home Chef website and Sponsor will select the winner by random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor finds that such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Sponsor assumes no liability for any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Sweepstakes.
9) In Case of Dispute: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. The Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the State of Illinois and the federal laws of the United States of America, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. The federal and state courts located in Cook County, Illinois will be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Official Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes. All entrants agree, by participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Cook County, Illinois in connection with any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, the interpretation of these Official Rules, or prize awarded.
10) Winners’ List: To view the winners’ list for the Sweepstakes, please visit http://thetable.homechef.com/meal-makeover-sweeps-winners. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed
11) Sponsor: Relish Labs LLC, d/b/a Home Chef, 400 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1400, Chicago, IL 60611.