NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES OF SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
(1) Eligibility: The 2020 Home Chef Culinary Tour Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open exclusively to legal residents of the zip codes in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia to which Home Chef delivers its meal subscriptions as of the date of commencement of the Sweepstakes Period (“Sweepstakes Area”), who are 21 years of age or older, as of the date of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members) of Relish Labs LLC d/b/a Home Chef and of any of its parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries (the “Sponsor”), and of any advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion contractors, delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with the Sweepstakes and other persons or entities involved in any of the planning, administration, execution or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win this Sweepstakes. The term “immediate family member” includes, spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. Void where prohibited and outside the Sweepstakes Area.
(3) Sweepstakes Timing: The Sweepstakes starts on July 6, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) and ends on July 31, 2020 at noon CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes will be divided into four weekly entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”). For each Entry Period, the cuisine of a different country (“Featured Destination”) will be featured as will a dish from that cuisine (“Destination Recipe”). The Entry Periods and Featured Destinations and Destination Recipes for each Entry Period are as follows:
|Entry Period||Start Date & Time||End Date & Time||Featured Destination||Destination Recipe|
|One||July 6, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. CT||July 10, 2020 at noon CT||Italy||Scallop Scampi Campanelle with Creamy Parmesan Sauce|
|Two||July 13, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m.||July 17, 2020 at noon CT||Mexico||Golden BBQ Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeno Ranch Slaw|
|Three||July 20, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m.||July 24, 2020 at noon CT||Thailand||Thai Pork Spring Roll in a Bowl with Satay Sauce and Crispy Rice Noodles|
|Four||July 27, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m.||July 31, 2020 at noon CT||Greece||Greek Spinach and Feta Chicken|
Sponsor’s clock will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
(4) How to Enter: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes—with a purchase and without a purchase. To enter with a purchase, you will receive up to one entry when you purchase a Destination Recipe during the Sweepstakes Period. To enter without a purchase, you may enter the Sweepstakes by sending your name, address, and email address by mail to Home Chef Culinary Tour Sweepstakes, 433 West Van Buren Street, No. 750N, Chicago, IL 60607. Limit one entry per person per Entry Period, regardless of method of entry and regardless of how many Destination Recipe meals you purchase. Mail-in entries must be post-marked by the last day of an Entry Period to be eligible for that Entry Period and must be received by the following Wednesday. For example, to be eligible for Entry Period One, a mail-in entry must be postmarked by July 10, 2020 and received by July 15, 2020. Limit one mail-in entry per outer mailing envelope. All mail-in entries must be hand-written.
(5) Winner Selection: Sponsor will pick five Sweepstakes winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
(6) Prizes: There are five grand prizes. Each grand prize is three months of free Home Chef meals. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each grand prize is $792. The total ARV of all grand prizes is $3,960. Three months of free Home Chef meals will be awarded as a $61 Home Chef credit per week for 13 weeks.
All details and other restrictions and conditions of the prizes not expressly specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The winners are responsible for all federal, state, local and other taxes, and all other costs and expenses, associated with the prizes. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent of any prize is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Limit one prize per person and per household.
(7) Notification of Prize Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners via email after the close of the Sweepstakes Period (the “Prize Notification”). An Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) (the “Prize Verification Forms”) may be attached to the Prize Notification emails. To receive a prize, each potential prize winner may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return the Prize Verification Forms by the deadline set by Sponsor. Winner will be required to provide a W-9 form to Sponsor. Notification of potential prize winner status must be kept confidential until publicly revealed by Sponsor. Failure to do so may result in disqualification of the potential prize winner in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
If a potential prize winner does not respond within five days of the first notification attempt, does not sign and return any required Prize Verification Forms, is not in compliance with these Official Rules (including eligibility requirements), or if the Prize Notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit the prize and be disqualified, and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner by random drawing from remaining eligible, non-winning entries.
By accepting a prize, a prize winner consents (where legal) to the use of his/her name, likeness, photograph, biographical information and statements (if any) by Sponsor and those authorized by Sponsor, and each of their parent, subsidiaries, franchisees or affiliates for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without notice or additional compensation.
(9) General Conditions: If for any reason the online portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the online portion of the Sweepstakes and Sponsor will post notice of its action at thetable.homechef.com (the “Sweepstakes Site”). If Sponsor terminates the online portion of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will select the winners by random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect online entries received as of the termination and all eligible mail-in entries received by the deadlines set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor finds that such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Sponsor assumes no liability for any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to require Sweepstakes winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring Sweepstakes Entities into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any of the entry or marketing materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
(10) Limitations of Liability: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities resulting from any entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Sweepstakes Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Sweepstakes Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Sweepstakes Site. Use of the Sweepstakes Site is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to entrant’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Sweepstakes Site or the download of any information from the Sweepstakes Site. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant releases Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities, from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize in the Sweepstakes, winners agree that Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not liable if any portion of the Sweepstakes is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition or cause beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
(11) Indemnification: Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and the Sweepstakes Entities (collectively, the “Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of entrant’s conduct in submitting an entry or otherwise in connection with the Sweepstakes.
(12) GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS (WHETHER OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION). SUBJECT TO SECTION 13, BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY CONSENTS AND SUBMITS TO, AND AGREES NOT TO CONTEST, THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, COUNTY OF COOK, FOR ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND AGREE NOT TO INITIATE ANY ACTION AGAINST ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITY OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION OR VENUE.
(13) Arbitration Provision: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you hereby irrevocably consent and submit to, and agree not to contest, the resolution of any and all disputes you may have with, or claims you may have against, Sponsor or the other Sweepstakes Entities, or any other individual or entity, relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (a) the Sweepstakes, (b) the awarding or redemption of any prize, or (c) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration must be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be agreed by you and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision will be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that you may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes. There will be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only your and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator will not have the power to award punitive damages against you or Sponsor. For more information about the Forum and the Forum’s Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this provision will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
(14) Winners List: For the list of prize winners send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Culinary Tour Sweepstakes Winners List” in the subject line by no later than 60 days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
(15) Sponsor: Relish Labs LLC d/b/a Home Chef, 433 West Van Buren Street, No. 750N, Chicago, IL 60607.