What is it about the humble bowl that makes eating from it better than the (occasionally pretentious) plate? Is it that it’s more Instagram-able? Or because our subconscious baby remembers the good ol’ high chair days, being fed by an airplane spoon from a bowl? Whether the answer is more social media or Carl Jung oriented, we can all agree that it’s true. The best things come in bowls: marshmallow-spiked breakfast cereals, ice cream (for all you non-coney’s), cake batter, mashed potatoes. There’s a reason why mom let us “lick the bowl” clean. And just because we still can’t find a perfect way to eat pizza from a bowl, doesn’t make bowls any less appealing. In fact, we’ve replaced sugar-coated and butter-filled meals we all know and love with tasty, nutritious grain bowls that will have you wanting to lick the bowl. Check out this list our favorite grain bowl recipes.
- Feed your inner goddess with this divine Green Goddess Buddha Bowl recipe.
- Add some color to the table with this bright Butternut and Beet Quinoa Bowl recipe.
- This Sweet Chili Shrimp Nacho Bowl is “nacho” average grain bowl recipe.
- Go wild with this Wild Rice and Brussels Sprouts Harvest Bowl recipe.
- Skip the long burrito line try this Sweet Potato and Black Bean Taco Bowl recipe.
- Detox your late Saturday night with this Avocado Detox Farro Bowl recipe.
- Add some umami to your life with this Japanese Miso Shrimp Bowl recipe.